Many people are opting and indulging in detox diets and drinks nowadays because of the many health benefits that it offers. Detox drinks mainly consist of natural, unprocessed ingredients that are all non-harmful to the body. This makes most of them vegan friendly detox drink.
Let us look at some benefits of using detox drinks:
- Weight loss is one of the most common benefits of drinking detox drinks. This is because they are rich in micronutrients, and the most common base is water, both of which increase your metabolic rate.
- Improves digestion: Often, drinking detox water helps clear out the digestive passage naturally. This is again because of the number of micronutrients and water present there.
- Detox drinks cleanse the body of harmful toxins and chemicals. This allows your body to feel refreshed, thus increasing energy levels. It also significantly increases the mood because of constant hydration.
- The micronutrients present in detox drinks have a significant effect on the body—this helps strengthen the immune system, which protects the body against several diseases.
- The constant water intake that accompanies drinking detox water regularly has a positive effect on the skin, which looks more radiant and rejuvenated. It also helps in eliminating pimples and acne.
Some popular ingredient combinations that one can use in a vegan-friendly detox drink
- Cucumber plus mint
- Strawberry and basil
- Lemon with orange plus other citrus fruits
- Lemon with cayenne pepper
- Apple with cinnamon
- Lemon and ginger
These combinations are not only beneficial for the body but also taste great.